18 Easy Affirmations on Confidence That Will Change Your Life
We all have moments in our lives when we need a boost of confidence, and affirmations can be one of the most powerful tools for achieving this.
Affirmations are positive statements, or auto-suggestions, that help us to focus on what we want to achieve and believe in ourselves.
By repeating these affirmations regularly, we can begin to change our mindset, increase our self esteem and create new mental pathways towards success.
This is especially true for those who follow the teachings of Bob Proctor, who emphasises the power of affirmations as part of his Law Of Attraction philosophy.
In this article, we'll explore 18 positive affirmations for confidence that will help you live your best life!
Affirmations for confidence
The great thing about using affirmations is that you can adapt and shape them to your own needs.
There's really no right or wrong way to go about it. Pick any of the affirmations for confidence below that resonate and feel right for you.
But what does confidence actually mean?
According to Wikipedia, confidence comes from the Latin word 'fidere' which means "to trust." So, when you're self-confident, you have trust in your own self.
Confidence also comes with knowledge. The more you learn, the more confident you become.
Confidence also comes from doing (taking action). Think about some things you've done that you maybe thought you could never do. But after doing that thing, you became more confident.
Can you remember the first time you jumped on a bicycle, or drove a car? After you did it for a while, it became second nature, and over time, (hopefully!) much easier.
In life, it's so important to think and act like the person you want to become. You not only want to use the affirmation quotes on this page, but take action too.
"You can’t build confidence solely by sitting around thinking good thoughts." (Even though it'd be nice if you could!)
"There is only one rule. And that is, there are no rules."
That's what the owner of a beautifully warm AirBnB said when I finally arrived in Hatsukaichi, Japan, on a freezing winter's day!
Anyways, that's the case with these affirmations for confidence and self worth on this page. There's no real rules. Just go with what feels right to you!
1. I am strong, capable and confident in my ability to succeed.
2. I have a high level of self-esteem and I love myself unconditionally.
3. I take pride in my accomplishments and I never give up on my goals.
4. I am capable of anything I set my mind to and I will do whatever it takes to achieve success.
5. My worth is not determined by the opinions of others, but by the value I bring to those around me.
6. My confidence allows me to face any challenge with courage and determination.
7. I trust in myself and my ability to make the right decisions.
8. My potential is unlimited and I am willing to take risks in order to reach my goals.
9. It is safe for me to be confident and I choose to make positive changes in my life.
10. I am capable of success, no matter how big or small the task may be.
11. My self-belief is unshakable and I take pride in everything that I do.
12. I am courageous and my self-confidence is something I can always count on.
13. I choose to be brave and face any obstacle head-on with faith in myself.
14. My inner strength guides me towards achieving anything I set out to do.
15. I am capable of creating a life that I love, and my courage will take me there.
16. I am worthy of success and I have the self-belief to make it happen.
17. My confidence gives me the courage to try new things and reach for the stars.
18. I am powerful and my potential is limitless.
By repeating these affirmations daily, you can start to create positive changes in your life and build a strong foundation of self-confidence and belief in yourself.
Remember that confidence isn't something we are born with. It's something we build through practice and dedication.
With consistent affirmations, you can structure your thinking so that you move towards the things you want and desire.
Do affirmations work?
I love using positive affirmations. In fact, I use them (quietly, to myself) so much that they've become second nature to me, and in almost everything I do.
Even an affirmation as simple as; "everything is always working out for me" can be incredibly powerful. Try it out for a few weeks and see how it goes!
The positive self talk that I use seems to work well for me. But then again, I'm a freak who meditates every day and goes to bed at 8pm every night, so, hey...
Have negative self talk going on? Replace it with the self worth affirmations, or even create your own positive self love affirmations (or whatever you want to call them!)
With regular practice of positive affirmations, autosuggestions and positive thoughts / self talk, you can make amazing changes in your life and create the life that you desire.
Having said that, they need to be put into practise. There's a million other things that affect us and influence us as we travel through life, so keep an open mind to the process!
Affirmations are something that can remind use of who we are.
Dealing with negative thoughts
You want to be thinking in the right way because you are what you think you are.
How you think determines how you act. And how you act determines how others react to you.
Sometimes it's just a matter of believing in your own abilities, and feeding yourself some good "thought superfoods!"
That looks different to everyone - but to me it includes a healthy diet of confidence, positive thoughts, meditation and creativity!
“I'm on the path to being someone I'm equally terrified by and obsessed with. My true self.”
~ Trove Sivan
Like we said, there's no real rules to this. Some people might like to use their own affirmations spoken aloud, while others use daily affirmations depending on the situation or place.
Writing one or more of the affirmations on a small card and keeping it with you can be handy to constantly remind yourself too.
Affirmations work well but you really want to use them consistently. I'm confident they can help to improve low self esteem and replace negative self talk too.
These positive affirmations are here for you to use. Make haste while the sun shines!
“Self care is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation.”
~ Audre Lorde